Meet the Team: Ben Broom
Here at Pulse we are lucky to have a growing, vibrant team made up of individuals from different backgrounds and with different life experiences. All of these experiences feed into what makes the team so good at what they do.
Our first team member to be profiled is Ben Broom.
- What is your name and where do you come from? Ben Broom, Head of Pulse Clarity, our employee benefits and healthcare intermediary facing brand. Born and grew up in Norwich and have lived there all my life.
- How did you get into insurance? Not on purpose! Living in Norwich it is a rite of passage to work for Norwich Union/Aviva which started me out in Insurance, from there I enjoyed learning about different market and insurances and other than a little gap in between have been in Insurance for over 12 years now.
- How do you find life at Pulse? I really enjoy my life at Pulse, it offers me the foundation to grow as an individual, affords me great flexibility and my colleagues are all great to work with.
- What are your interests outside of work? I like spending time with family and friends, I enjoy good food, the occasional drink, I also have a young family so like to make time with them. I am for better or usually worse a Norwich City season ticket holder as well.
- What advice would you give to your younger self? That the problems you have are only temporary, it is easy to fixate on an issue in work or your personal life like it is the last thing you will think of. You always overcome move on and venture into a new life challenge, but the only thing stopping you moving forward is generally yourself.
- What skill have you developed most since joining Pulse? I now have a far greater understanding of the wider Insurance industry. Before I was primarily in service or broking and it is such a small area of Insurance comparative to what is out there.
- What advice would you give to young insurance professionals? The want to learn as much as possible is the best thing for your development, people will afford you the time if you show willing, and there are a lot of people out there worth getting that information from.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years’ time? Hopefully still at Pulse! I am at an exciting stage of my career with some real market disrupting products around the corner that should give us a really good foundation of stepping more actively into the employee benefits sector.
If you would like to discuss our healthcare offerings, you can contact Ben on: