Pulse is delighted to announce that it has entered into an agreement with Quantum Leben AG, the boutique Liechtenstein life insurer, to offer cover to insureds in the UK, EU, EEA and Switzerland. As part of this, Pulse is also pleased to announce that it has taken on Sue Clark as Senior Underwriter to develop its presence in the London market and to allow it to effectively offer a solution to Lloyd’s and London brokers struggling to place EU, EEA and Swiss risks now that Lloyd’s has closed its doors to European term-life business.
Paul Sandilands, Chairman of Pulse, commented, “This is something that we have been working towards for some time. Our ability to quote and bind business from Europe is a key part of our strategy for the future. At this point, more than ever before, we need to work together to provide solutions to complex problems. London’s technical expertise, coupled with the flexible risk appetite of Quantum is a winning combination.”
Sue Clark, Senior Underwriter, said, “I am delighted to be joining Pulse. There are very few businesses able to offer flexible solutions at the moment. As large life carriers look to automate more and more of their processes, there is a clear opportunity for a nimble and responsive MGA to support clients flexibly.”
Martin Kampik, CEO of Quantum Leben AG, said, “We are delighted to have finalised this agreement with Pulse. We are committed to working with Pulse to build a new London market solution for European life business and our plans envisage significant growth for us over the next few years.”
Pulse and Quantum will initially be targeting individuals who are unable to obtain cover from the standard market because of health issues. In the future Pulse expects to offer the full range of solutions for London market term life business including non-standard and SME group business, white label schemes as well as individuals with health problems.
- The maximum term for individual risks is 10 years.
- The usual amount of cover available is up to £790,000 / €890,000 for individuals with a wide range of health conditions including diabetes, heart conditions and mental health related issues and more may be available subject to agreement.
- Pulse is able to consider requests for cover in the UK, EU, EEA and Switzerland.
- Pulse offers a dedicated cover for potentially exempt transfers, “Gift Inter Vivos”, for insureds up to age 85 at inception.
- Cover for individuals over 60 is still available despite Covid-19 with all individuals being considered on a case by case basis.
For questions about cover and for more details generally please contact one of the team on:
Telephone: 01280 841430 E-mail: [email protected]