Life Insurance with Asthma
OverviewThe reality of having asthma for most sufferers is that they need to be certain when buying Life Insurance that their cover will not exclude their condition. They also want to pay a fair premium.
Mild and Well Controlled Asthma?It is often thought that all chronic asthma sufferers will see their Life Insurance premiums increase, cover restricted or even be outright declined by many insurers. Where asthma is fully diagnosed and well controlled /managed by medication with rare or mild attacks, frequently insurers do not even impose any special terms or rates.
- If your asthma is mild and/or well controlled and you have no other significant medical conditions, you may well not need specialist cover.
- It is often worth checking if insurers are willing to offer you full cover at standard rates before seeking a specialist quote
- If you have been declined cover before, seen your attacks worsen or become less controllable or been diagnosed later in life, you may need to talk to a specialist like Pulse.
- Generally, it is always worth checking if you can get standard cover first.
Severe or Uncontrolled Asthma?For those with more severe asthma or less well controlled asthma, finding an insurer who will provide unrestricted cover can be difficult. Sometimes, it is simply not possible to find an underwriter willing to offer cover. Pulse specialise in taking your asthma and other specific conditions and needs into account and finding you Life Insurance cover, if it is available. We use our knowledge and experience to find a solution when other Life Insurers have declined to quote.
Medical Conditions beyond or alongside AsthmaIf you have Asthma and no other medical conditions at all, this section is not relevant for you. There are some conditions which can co-exist without impact and others where co-existence with Asthma can cause additional challenges or risk. Sometimes the additional risk of combined conditions can see other insurers decline to offer Life cover. Pulse Insurance specialise in cases where combined conditions need and benefit from individual underwriting consideration. If you have multiple conditions whether directly related or caused by your other condition, please ensure you tell us about all of them. In some cases, you may find it easier to complete each of our enquires for each condition. Or you may prefer to detail everything at once when answering your primary condition questions. To complete multiple conditions, select your first condition and when that is complete, you will have the option to add more one at a time till you are ready. The following conditions are known to present alongside Asthma: –
- Heart Conditions
- Mental Health conditions including stress and depression
- Respiratory conditions including COPD
- Sleep APNEA
Why Pulse Insurance?
- Pulse Insurance have been focused on finding unusual cover since 1998
- We strive to offer a caring and sensitive service
- We are knowledgeable insurance professionals who work as a team
- We provide a personal service to guide you through
- If we cannot help, it will not be for the want of trying or know-how
Being TransparentIt is always important to declare your asthma and any other medical conditions completely. Your Personal & Medical Details Everything you disclose about your asthma to any life insurer or life agent should be treated with sensitivity and appropriate levels of privacy.
Your AsthmaEvery person with more severe Asthma knows that their condition, triggers and treatment will be in some way unique to them. The nature of medication and frequency of use and nature of any attacks varies from one person to the next. Other aspects of your lifestyle can impact your risk and the cover available. These will be considered when determining the fair premium, you would pay; including for example: –
- Asthmatics who smoke know that this affects their health
- The age at which you were diagnosed with asthma can also have bearing as most certainly does your ability to manage your condition day to day.
- Recent attacks requiring hospital visits are indicators of increased risk.
Additional CoversPulse may be able to offer covers beyond everyday Life Insurance to give you the peace of mind and protection you desire.
Beyond Life Insurance
More Life Insurance
Make an enquiry